Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Le Divorce le sucks

It is no secret that I love Videogum and one of my favorite features is The Hunt for the Worst Movie of All Time in which Gabe Delahaye lambasts truly terrible movies. Here's how he describes it: "After watching Death Sentence, a terrible movie starring Kevin Bacon as a father in search of vigilante justice directed by Saw's James Wan, Gabe embarked on The Hunt For The Worst Movie of All Time. This is his sad journey." I have seen very few of the movies on this list, and after reading about each one I am so, so thankful for that. Also after reading I have laughed out loud at least once (on average) and am thankful for that, too.

The latest Hunt movie is Le Divorce and one of the main characters in the movie, played Naomi Watts, is a poet. I know the movie is based on the book, but I have never seen the movie or read the book. I have seen the book, however, as it was in my house for quite some time after my wife read it and, for reasons I don't fully understand, didn't see the need to part ways with it immediately.

In all honesty, Le Divorce isn't the best of Gabe's Hunt rants. But it is still good. Like when he writes in summation, "I don't particularly care about the lives of unsuccessful poets who don't need to be successful, or the sexual dalliances of their emotionally retarded (that might be Kate Hudson though, and not the character), equally unambitious siblings."

No comments: