Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sweet Juniper!


My sister just made me aware of Sweet Juniper, a blog about Detroit. Or, rather, a blog by a guy who lives in and writes about Detroit:
"Detroit is the first place I lived after quitting a soulless job to stay home and take care of my kids. This scarred landscape will forever be the backdrop to the most wonderful time of my life. I can't help but think that general state of mind has improved my impression of the city. I don't write about Detroit because I expect everyone out there to care, but I do hope anyone reading this site will feel how important the idea of 'place' is in all our lives."

He also has Sweet Juniper Inspiration, which is more about his family life and things that inspire him or, in the case of Al Perkins and Eric Gurney's Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb (one of those Dr. Seuss books that really isn't by Dr. Seuss), frighten him a bit.

No comments: