Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm reading on Sunday

If you don't have any plans on Sunday (or if you do, cancel 'em!), come to the Scarab Club in Detroit to hear me read. It's apparently a super secret reading since it isn't on the Metro Detroit Writer's Web site, but it is happening none the less. I will be reading with a bunch of other poets, some of whom I am sure are fabulous, but I can't remember who any of them are since this reading was confirmed so long ago and, as I said, things are pretty hush hush. But then, I can understand since over crowding at poetry readings is a very common occurrence. The ladies in the audience get pretty wild, too, throwing bras and whatnot. A lot of times I don't even tell people I'm a poet because I get tired of being mobbed and just want to live a normal life.

The details:
WHAT: Metro Detroit Writers Poetry Reading featuring D'Anne Witkowski and other poets
WHEN: Sunday, April 19, 2 p.m.
WHERE: Scarab Club 217 Farnsworth Street; Detroit, MI; 48202

No comments: