Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Odyssey: "This book sucks"

Cynical C-Blog takes a look at The Odyssey through the lens of "one star Amazon reviews of classic movies, music and literature."

Highlights:
"This book sucks. I dont care if Homer was blind or not this book is like 900 pages too long. I could tell this story in about 10 pages."

"I thought this story was very gross. I mean come on. We are having to read this book in freshman English. Actually our teacher reads it to us, but it is still disgusting."

"The general plot is rather repetitive. Odysseus overcomes a challenge on an island, and while leaving via boat, a storm takes him to yet another island, where the process is repeated."
(Full disclosure: I've never read The Odessey and probably never will. Still, I find this hilarious.)

No comments: