Monday, January 25, 2010

National Book Critics Circle finalists for poetry have been announced and I haven't read any of them

The National Book Critics Circle finalists were announced today and I haven't read any of the poetry nominations. Here they are:
Rae Armantrout, Versed (Wesleyan)

Louise Glück, A Village Life (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)

D.A. Powell, Chronic (Graywolf Press)

Eleanor Ross Taylor, Captive Voices: New and Selected Poems, 1960–2008 (Louisiana State University Press)

Rachel Zucker, Museum of Accidents (Wave Books)
I'm especially excited to see Rachel Zucker's nomination because I read her book The Last Clear Narrative (2004 Wesleyan University Press) and really liked it and Wave Books is a really awesome press. So until I read the other nominations (I have until March 11) - and maybe even after - I'm rooting for her.

Also poet Mary Karr got a nod for her non-fiction book Lit.

No comments: