Monday, December 8, 2008

Poetry "for all the bitches in the world."

I'd probably be a less anxious person if I didn't know about certain things. Round worm infection is one. VH1's Rock of Love Charm School, is another.

Of course, then my life wouldn't be nearly as full. So I guess it is appropriate that I thank, instead of curse, my sister Laura for bringing the Charm School "Poetic Justice" episode to my attention. In this episode, the girls (I can't really call them women -- and I don't think Sharon Osbourne bothers to, so I am off the hook) have to write a poem about someone in the house they don't like. It's catharsis through the written word. It's also hilarious. Take, for examples, Brandi M.'s reflection on her win in the "Express Thyself" challenge. "Maybe I'll write a huge poetry book for all the bitches in the world," she says.

Sorry, Hon, but Jewel beat you to it.



2 comments:

(Laura) said...

You forgot to mention that some of the girls even turned their poetry into song - and then it was EXACTLY like Jewel.

My big question is how in the hell did Sharon Osbourne get Sarah McLachlan's drummer to be a guest judge for this? Was he promised a night with the winner?

ez said...

i totally want to dedicate my first book to all the bitches in the world.