Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To ink or not to ink...


By way of Slog I came to Molly Lambert's rant on This Recording against tattoos. The post comes complete with a host of pictures of "literary" tattoos, including one which contains the lines "I should have been a pair of ragged claws. Scuttling across the floors of silent seas" from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot. The best one is of a Bible verse right above an ass crack. It's way classy.

A friend of mine (Liz, pictured) has some of The Lord of the Rings on her arm in, like, hobbit script or something and while Lambert would no doubt have included Liz's forearm in her post, it looks kind of cool even if I have no idea what it says (and even if I did read hobbit, I have never read The Lord of the Rings and never plan to. And no, I haven't seen the movies, either. I'll learn to read hobbit before that happens).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe your friend's writing is in the language of Mordor... and most like reads "One ring to rule the all..."

Ok... Yes I am a geek. Suck it.

D'Anne Witkowski said...

Geeks are awesome. :) Thanks for the comment.